Thursday, August 27, 2009

um they played kid cudi in athens...

hey!! today was absolutely awesome. i forgot about my loneliness and lived!!! i woke up this morning and left athens gate for the awful dorian inn hotel. its so bad youd died. there are drug dealers and prostitutes lining the streets (liora its okay im fine hahahahaha). i slept for a while and then went to the athens archeological museum. it was fucking sweet. (sorry for the fword parents ill try to sensor myself) but seriously. i forgot how much fun i can have on my own. i went there and for 3 hours just walked around happy and smiling and laughing. its amazing the company that you can keep with yourself. i just laughed and giggled and joked. all to myself. it was very nice. to feel at home in my own brain, even if the space was foreign.
i came home and hung out with my roommate for a little and then met up with my contiki group. apparently we are retarded (jenny i am sorry) for not knowing contiki. EVERYONE IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY KNOWS CONTIKI. we met up and went to plaka for a GREAT dinner. it was more food then i could have ever imagined. (fried zucchini was the BEST) and everything was just great. i made friends and had conversations. i realized today that i hadnt had a conversation with a real person, face to face in three days. it was insane. anyway dinner was spectacular. my roommate was meeting up wtih a few girls from her last tour and they completely included me even though i was way younger (they are 29) and they didnt know me. it was so nice. irene put her arm around me and said, "Emma, don't worry, ill look out for you." I cant explain what the felt like. I got to know a bunch of Canadians well too. They are 21 and extremely cool. 2 girls and 1 guy.
I went out with the older girls tonight to a club in Athens. They were the nicest ever. kept buying me drinks, telling me, "Emma you're a student!! you cant pay for your own drinks!!". It felt really nice.
It was good to forget about the loneliness tonight. I am leaving at 1pm tomorrow for the cruise. i dont know if i can update then. please email. I am getting anxious and resentful. I dont mean to, Im sorry. I love you.
Em

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I figured out how to comment! Aren't you proud of me? Anyway, I miss you biggie! I know how you feel about feeling happy just being completely by yourself, it's such a content moment when you realize you can be happy all on your own. I'm glad you are getting to see lots and experiencing all sides of Athens (even the not so great ones). I leave on Tuesday so I'm trying to pack. How much did you take?
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - don't drink alcohol. 2 - what's contiki?

    ReplyDelete