Saturday, August 22, 2009

Countdown: 2 Days!

Leaving in 2 days. I am getting pretty scared and anxious. I actually haven't started packing so that might be part of my stress. And clearly I am being ultra-productive by just writing on this blog.
For those who don't know I am going to Athens about 2 weeks early to do some much needed TRAVELING! (I realized I use exclamation points too liberally so I'm gonna try to keep them to a minimum on the blog) I am spending 3 nights in Athens then going on a Contiki tour (it is a tour group for 18-35 year olds) that takes me to Istanbul, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete and Santorini. (http://contiki.com/tours/141-golden-fleece-incl-7-days-cruising/itinerary) Then coming back to Athens, spending 2 nights chilling by myself and then on the 6th of Sept I am meeting up with the rest of my Arcadia program! At that point I think we will have an orientation and move into our apartments and everything.

It seems really sweet but also scary traveling alone. I think I'll love it though. I think of the days I have spent by myself in London and Tel Aviv (given those are two cities I know pretty well) and I feel fine because those were the best days of traveling. So much freedom! Nobody there to try to share my dinner with me (ew), nobody there to make me a leave a museum early, or stay an extra hour that could be used for something else.

Wish me luck! Next time I update hopefully I will be in Greece! (Damn me and those exclamation points)

No comments:

Post a Comment