Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesdays are always lame

ive been feeling this pull towards the US lately. At nights when we all retreat to our bedrooms to skype with friends and family. i sit in bed, without a fucking light because my ceiling is like 20 feet tall and i dont understand how i am suppose to change the lightbulb that went out the second day I was here. Anyway, I email, and im and post and attempt to skype and text and am pretty much getting shit in response. its really pissing me off to be quite honest. I should be writing longer emails in responses to those who do email me. Its just lonely here sometimes and its extremely annoying.

We started classes yesterday. I had a mixup in my schedule but sorted it out and am now in 3 really cool (sounding) classes. in reality they all seem kinda the same and confusing? All involved archaeology and history which clearly i am pumped about, but i just havent been interested or in the mood lately. i need to get amped up! I am taking 5 classes for the first time (I usually take 3 at osu). It is proving to be a little overwhelming to be honest. Especially because they are all kinda intense. Im not very worried though, we heard from past students its kinda a breeze. Fingers are tensely crossed. I am taking Prehistory of the Aegean, which is a history class, but archaeology too, Byzantine history (which is history and archaeology) and Athens on site which is mostly archaeology through the history of athens. Then im taking a Greek culture class, and Greek language. Each class is 2 hours, in these hot stuffy rooms.

Melissa Jayna and I already planned a trip for this weekend. We are going to the amazing island of Hydra! its suppose to be absolutely incredible. Look it up. We called about 40 places and found no openings but finally found a guest house being rented for the weekend. 100 euro for a night between three people! not bad! its suppose to be peaceful, great restaurants, great bars. maybe we will meet some greeks. Im getting antsy of just knowing people in my program. Its clearly hard to meet people here, you know with the fact that we speak different languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment