Saturday, September 5, 2009

i needed the bearjew with me

i had a terrifying experience last night. i decided i wanted to see a movie since i still felt like shit. so i asked at my hotel where the nearest movie theatre was, and they gave me directions by bus. once out and about i realized i had no idea where i was going so i got in a cab. the driver was confused when i told him the name of the theatre but when i showed him the name written he seemed to understand. (cab drivers speak basically no english at all. in fact yesterday i was kicked out of a cab very rudely when the driver realized i didnt speak greek. i was very upset) anyway so the hotel told me the theatre was only like 3 bus stops away...35 minutes later the driver and i are still driving. im completely having the worlds biggest panic attack. nobody speaks english. i cant communicate, i may be getting kidnapped, and losing euro after euro every second. i try to tell the driver to just turn around, take me back to my hotel but he doesnt listen, no close, no close he says. at this point im crying as we drive through the really bad neighborhood of athens filled with drug dealers and prositutes. im actually crying, shaking, thinking im bout to get murdered. after 45 minutes he stops and points through the trees across a park at what looks kinda like a movie theatre. i RUN inside and call my dad crying. i realized then that inglourious bastards was starting in 5 minuntes! ooo!! tell my dad my horror story quickly, wipe my tears, buy a ticket and enjoy! it was very good but i didnt realize that its basically not in english and clearly in greece subtitles are in GREEK. so i basically tried (with some success!) to listen closely to the french and just make up in my head what they were saying in german. all in all i loved it! and im alive. thankgod

2 comments:

  1. omg it sounds just like a movie. be careful. i don't want you to star in the next hostel. i miss you. glad you enoyed the movie, i had mixed feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds sketch. have plato make ratitouille for you. have fun but don't get into much trouble. May says hi. we saw fireworks @ salute to orange last night.

    ReplyDelete