Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you

I cant stop listening to Africa by Toto today. It was stuck in my head when I woke up. It reminds me Scrubs when JD sings it in the bath. I think that is Jane's favorite episode? or my own. I cant remember.

I realize I've taken a hiatus from this but Im back again I think. My room feels like a cave. In Athens they have these weird shutters on the windows that you can lower to shut out the light or the cold so the window in my room and the balcony doors have the light blocked out so even though its only about 3 in the afternoon I feel like it could be 3 am.

I am staring at the huge pile of laundry on my floor. I should really do it soon. But the concept doesnt really make sense cause to dry things in Greece (as with many southern Mediterranean countries)you just hang the outside. But its so cold!! I dont know why but I dont feel like when I wash my clothes they actually get clean. I feel like my Dad is the only one who can actually CLEAN my clothes. I feel like I just get them wet and then let them dry but the stains, dirt, sweat is still buried in there! Even at school where I have a dryer I cant wait to have my Dad do it for me I feel like my clothes are actually clean! I suck at being an adult.

Our flight to Paris was canceled this weekend.(Annoying) So after a while of searching we found that we could go to Milan that weekend for even less money. So we booked it. I was in Milan in the start of August 2003 with my family, only for a day before our flight left for the US but I remember loving it. I had the best pizza of my life there. Fresh mozzarella, basil, sliced tomatoes! I also remember seeing the Last Supper by Da Vinci with my family and having my Dad explain all of Dan Browns theories from the Da Vinci code (which he had just read at the time). I also remember this AMAZING boutique I found during that afternoon with these amazing cool clothes. I think it was comparable in style to Urban Outfitters but at the time I was like OMG THIS IS THE COOLEST PLACE EVER!!! I also found out there is a football (soccer) match there that weekend. AC Milan I am told is one of the best teams in Europe (Beckham played there during a break from the Galaxy last year, god I know my celeb gossip). But the tickets are from 50 Euros and up so we might just have to find a nice pub with crazy fans and go a little nuts. I really have missed the rowdiness of OSU football games. My last mirror lake jump will be next year. That is crazy. Anyway Im excited! even though we arent going until December.

I couldnt get dressed this morning because all I wanted to wear were my brown Uggs and i dont have them with me. I did something stupid by not bringing any boots. I didnt realize it was gonna be like 45 degrees starting November 1st!! Every website said it doesnt get cold until December! What happened to global warming man! Also every woman here wears boots and skinny jeans or leggings so i wouldnt even look weird with them! booo.

Going back to class after a week off is really hard. I honestly dont think I paid attention for more then 15 minutes in class last night or in Athens on site today. Byzantine I forced myself to take a lot of notes but I cant say I was really into it. Now I have Greek lang next and I havent had real class for about 2 weeks so im kinda dreading it. I do like languages, but the fact that I kinda suck at them makes me never wanna go to class.

The cold makes me want to stay in and cuddle under my covers. But I am only here for a few more months and I cannot waste that time, just gotta bundle up and get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment