Sunday, November 8, 2009

I left my heart in ΝΑΥΠΛΙΟ


sometimes you dont realize the best days are going to be the best days. you just dive into them, or if you're me, you wake up with every intention of continuing sleep, until you muster the courage to drag yourself out of bed after just two ours of tummy-aching sleep, and into the cold rainy darkness outside. but umbrella in hand I brave it, with a confidence in my step and an excitement in the pit of me. my lungs are invigorated the second the cold gets in. and I'm in it. the moment. one hundred percent completely.

I came here for days like today. hopping from place to place with a smile on my face. and a fall on my bum and fall around me. rain and cold becomes sun on the Aegean. and I'm independent, and I walk slow, and I smile because I am happy. and I am away from everyone and everything in the world that I love, but I fall in love with each step and somehow its mine and its theirs all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment